Monday, October 31, 2011

Baked Parmesan Spaghetti

This recipe came from another blog: howsweettreats.com (got it from Pinterest).  I did venture off the recipe slightly, so I will tell you what I did.  Very easy and yummy. 
3/4 lb. whole wheat spaghetti (you can use regular, but whole wheat is better for you)
1/2 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1T olive oil
1 lb. ground beef (I used very lean)
1t salt
1t pepper
10-12 fresh basil leaves (I could not find fresh, so I use dry basil to taste, but I definitely want to try with fresh!)
jar of spaghetti sauce
1 lb. bag of shredded mozzerella
1/2 c. grated parmesan

Preheat oven to 350.  Cook spaghetti according to package.  Heat skillet to medium.  Add olive oil and onion.  Saute onion until soft.  Add garlic.  Stir for another minute.  Add meat.  Season meat with salt, pepper, and basil.  Cook in skillet until browned.  Add spaghetti sauce.  Drain spaghetti and put half of it in a 9x13 dish or a casserole dish.  Top with half of sauce mixture and half of each cheese.  Repeat layers.  Bake for 20 minutes.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment