Monday, October 17, 2011

Crock Pot Chicken in Rice

I do not know where this recipe comes from, but I varied greatly from this recipe because the timing did not work for me.  I basically used the same ingredients but then did my own thing.  It was super yummy and terribly easy.  I will note that when I do chicken in the crock pot, I use frozen chicken breasts.  You can always use fresh, but chicken usually needs to cook in the crock pot about 6-8 hours or it gets over done or burns.  I have to leave the house by 7:15AM, so that does not work for me.  I use frozen and by the time it is time to serve dinner, they are done perfectly.

4 frozen chicken breasts
1 pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 can cream of chicken
1 pkg. Italian dressing seasoning (the dry kind)
rice, cooked

Stir the cream cheese, cream of chicken, and Italian dressing in the crock pot.  Put the chicken in and make sure it is smothered.  Cover and cook on low all day (or 6-8 hours if you are using fresh chicken).  When you are ready to serve, shred the chicken with two forks and mix in the cooked rice.  I used Minute Rice and made enough for 6 servings.  You may want to use less rice if you want it creamier or if you don't have as many people to feed.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment