Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Most Amazing Pork Chops Ever

As you probably know, the crock pot is my hands-down, absolute favorite kitchen appliance.  I use it so much that the one I got for our wedding (just 6 years ago) bit the dust and I recently had to go get another one.  Tonight was the first time I tried this recipe and it skyrocketed up the list of family favorites.  And to top it off, it could not be easier!  I got it off the crock pot girls facebook page (another favorite!)  The picture at the bottom is not pretty because the meat literally falls off the bone.  It was very difficult to get it out of the crock pot.  I hope you love it as much as we did!

Most Amazing Pork Chops Ever

4 bone-in, thick cut pork chops (I think the thick cut is important, I think it I had gotten the regular chops, they would have cooked through more quickly and not been as tender)
1 can of cream of chicken
1 package dry onion soup mix
1 package of brown gravy mix
1.5 c. of chicken broth

Put chops in the slow cooker
in a mixing bowl, whisk cream of chicken, soup, gravy, and broth.  Pour over chops.  Cook low all day.  Serve with mashed potatoes. 

critics acclaim: "These are the bomb!" -Branden
"These are literally the best pork chops I have ever had.  I will never eat pork chops any other way again." -Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment