Thursday, November 3, 2011

World's Greatest Chili!

I made up the title because it is true.  This recipe came from my dear friend, Deedee.  It is absolutely the best chili I have ever had.  I am a Texan and I like my chili hearty.  I am not a fan of runny chili... that is just soup.  This chili is so good that I am going to give you the original recipe and I will just tell you in parentheses what I do.
1.5 lbs extra lean ground beef (I use 2 lbs)
2-3 cans (15 oz) pinto beans, drained (I use 3 cans)
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves minced garlic
1- 15 oz can whole tomatoes cut, juice rsvd.
1- 6 oz can tomato paste
1/2 c. water
2-3 T chili powder (I use 2 because Brittney hates spicy things.)
2 t. salt
1 t. dried oregano leaves
1 t ground cumin
1/4 t. pepper

Crumble ground beef into cooker with beans, onion, and garlic.  Mix everything else in a bowl and pour into cooker.  Stir.  Cook high 3.5-4 hours or Low 7-8 hours.  (I just leave mine in all day on low and it is fine).



And of course, I top it with LOTS of cheese.  My family keeps the dairy industry in business!  Seriously fantastic chili.  Even Mallory ate it (and if you know my child, you know that is a big deal!)

No comments:

Post a Comment